As the rain pours, it washes away the mud.
After the death of a missing soul.
Words: 4071, Chapters: 3/?, Language: English
- Fandoms: 쓸쓸하고 찬란하神 - 도깨비 | Goblin (TV), Korean Drama
- Rating: General Audiences
- Warnings: Major Character Death
- Categories: F/M, Gen, M/M
- Characters: Kim Shin | Goblin, Wang Yeo | Grim Reaper, Kim Sun | Sunny, Yoo Deok Hwa, Ji Eun Tak (mentions)
- Relationships: Ji Eun Tak/Kim Shin | Goblin, Kim Shin | Goblin/Wang Yeo | Grim Reaper, Kim Shin | Goblin & Wang Yeo | Grim Reaper
- Additional Tags: Grief/Mourning, Friends to Lovers, Angst, Fluff and Angst, Hurt/Comfort, Alcohol, lots and lots of crying, some nsfw in the future, Additional Warnings In Author's Note
Locked away for all of his life, he could never find the courage to escape.
But /he/ could.
Words: 1407, Chapters: 1/1, Language: English
James met another friend of mine, who was writing Tekno Comics: Kate Worley. They fell in love, they had two children together.
Then Kate got cancer. I posted their appeal 13 years ago. (This is a beautiful letter from Jim to this blog in 2005, asking people to stop sending money, following Kate's death. It gives you the measure of the man.)
Jim died of cancer on June the 5th, leaving a wife and three children (two Autistic, one with Chronic Fatigue Immune Disfunction).
Here's his obituary in the Tulsa World.
Go and read all about Jim and Kate and their lives and children at https://www.gofundme.com/vance-family-
Things I want you to know about today:
- My friend Mikey Neumann’s show Movies With Mikey is being considered for an Emmy. If you are eligible to vote, I hope you’ll vote for him.
- There’s a new Tabletop! It’s Mysterium.
- I did a new Radio Free Burrito, and I’m quite happy with this one.
- I backed this white noise machine on Kickstarter about a year ago, and I’ve had it for about a month. It is the best white noise machine I have ever owned in my life, and I’ve owned a lot of them. If you have trouble sleeping or wake up easily during the night, check out Snooz. (NOTE: This is not an endorsement and I didn’t get anything for mentioning this. I just wanted you to know about it because it’s awesome.)
- I traded in my Nexus 6P for a Pixel and holy balls, it’s an incredible smartphone. I think I’m going to trade in my iPad for a Pixel tablet.
- I bought about 50 Choose Your Own Adventure books from eBay. Starting with the next Storytime With Wil, we’re going to have a whole bunch of new stories to explore together!
- I’m working with my business team to make some Facebook changes, including changing my personal page to a fan page, so we can do more business … uh … stuff. It’s weird. But one of the things we’ll be doing is sharing stories and posts from other sources (I guess this is a thing people do on Facebook now? I’ve been doing it on Tumblr for years, so I guess it’s the same?) and I’m very interested to know what sorts of sites and topics you’re interested in, if you read my dumb Facebook page.
- I’m coming to Washington, DC, for Awesome Con this weekend.
- My friend Ashly Burch refused to cross a picket line to perform the voice of Chloe — a beloved character she created — for the prequel to Life is Strange. Gamers are, sadly and predictably, being shitty to her about it. I remind everyone that Square Enix could easily bring Ashly back, by signing an interim agreement with SAG-AFTRA, and respecting the contributions Ashly has made to the game. I stand with her, and I wrote about why I do several months ago.
- John Doe, from the seminal punk band, X, wrote a memoir about punk in the 80s, called Under the Big Black Sun. In addition to his own memories, he asked other people who were there, like Jane Wiedlin, Henry Rollins, and Jack Grisham. The book is an incredible read, on part with Easy Riders, Raging Bulls, or The Kid Stays In The Picture. But the audio version is sensational, because the essayists who contributed to the book read their own work. If you’re a fan of the music and the musicians, I can’t oversell how great it is to own both audio and print versions, because the photos in the print version are magnificent.
Okay, that’s ten things for you to know. Anything you want me to know?
Assassins don't have feelings. The best assassins do.
Words: 7700, Chapters: 77/120, Language: English